Jousting is the noble medieval martial art of knights on horseback, pitting their wits and lances against each other in order to gain money, prestige and the favours of a fair maiden or two. The following list details the ultimate modern equivalents - the only thing that the victors of these battles gain is to look slightly less stupid than their opponents.
10. Garden & Household Equipment based Jousting. If you are considering taking up home-based jousting there are probably two main forms to consider: Wheelbarrow Jousting
and Wheelie Bin Jousting.
9. Piggyback Jousting. Piggybacking lends itself to fighting and racing and even a spot of Piggyback Polo, but Piggyback Jousting is possibly the ultimate game for this position.
8. Bicycle Jousting. There are many forms of this dignified jousting. Straightforward Bicycle Jousting to the bizarre Chap Olympiad version (contestants wield rolled up umbrellas and carry shields decorated with pages from the Times).
Then there are Tall Bicycle competitions:
and even Unicycle Jousting.
7. Chair Jousting. The tedium of office life can be instantly relieved with a spot of Office Chair Jousting
6. Heelie Jousting.
5.Motorised Jousting. Available in a wide variety of vehicles from 4 by 4s to LawnMower Jousting,
and my own personal favourite Scooter Jousting.
Mods on Vespas with jousting rods! It doesn't get much better than this, except perhaps...
4. Skateboard Jousting. Note the work that has gone into making the capes in this video
3. Finger Jousting, possibly the most dignified of the jousting events, and I'm not just saying that because I am Obscure Sports Media Mogul of the WFJF (World Finger Jousting Federation)
2. Mattress Jousting. A perfect dorm-based alternative.
1. Exercise Ball Jousting. A stupidly, random sport, and possibly more dangerous than the real thing.